Healow Patient Portal
Meet Healow, Our Patient Portal
Get the Healow App Today!
- Download the healow® app from the Apple or Google App Store using the links below
- Enter our practice code: CADJCD
- Enter your username and password to log on (or if you do not have a portal account – ask our staff about signing up)
- Create a PIN to access your records securely
Learn more via Healow.
What is Healow?
With healow®, you can:
- Request appointments or schedule appointments directly online
- Access your health records
- View test results
- Request prescription refills
- Communicate electronically and securely with your medical care team
- Pay your bill online
- Check in online before your appointment
Is there a cost to use Healow?
How do I sign up?
Patients can sign up online either by downloading the healow® mobile app or going to the healow® website.
If you sign up through the website, follow these steps:
- Follow the link above to the healow® website, then toggle over to the “View Your Health Record” tab.
- Once on that screen, you should see a search bar; locate the San Antonio Specialty Health & Sports Medicine clinic by entering the clinic’s Practice Code*: CADJCD. You also have the option to search by Provider.
- Select the Practice or Provider from the list, then enter either your User Credentials or your First Name, Last Name, and Date of Birth when using your mobile phone. Usernames and passwords are case-sensitive!
- Assuming you don’t have a healow® account, you’ll be prompted to create one.
- Validate your identity by entering your Date of Birth or Phone Number, and then click “Next.” After validation, you must create a new password to replace the temporary password.
- Enter your new password 2 times to confirm the password.
- Please choose a security question and provide an answer, then proceed by clicking “Agree.”
- If you have read and accepted the terms & conditions in the Practice Consent Form, click “Agree.” When your new password is confirmed, click “Log in.”
*SA Specialty Health & Sports Medicine is partnered with CommuniCare Health Centers, meaning that SA Specialty Health & Sports Medicine shares the same Practice Code as CommuniCare. For example, when searching for your provider, such as Dr. Bernard Hildebrand, he will be listed under CommuniCare instead of SA Specialty Health & Sports Medicine. For questions or concerns, give us a call at 210-229-7242.
What do I need to use Healow?
- An active healow® account
- Access to the Internet by a computer, laptop, or mobile device like a tablet or smartphone
- An up-to-date browser (such as Chrome, Edge, or Safari) or the healow® mobile app
Where can I update my personal information?
I forgot my password. What should I do?
I forgot my username. What should I do?
I was logged out of my Healow patient portal. What happened?
How can I link my family member's account to mine?
- In the app, click “Get Started,” and then enter this Practice Code: CADJCD.
- Log in with YOUR username and password.
- Click your profile picture icon in the top left, then select “Link Another Account.”
- Follow steps 2 and 3 with your family member’s information.
- On the following page, you must agree that you have the legal right and permission to view this family member’s health information.
- You’re linked! Toggle between your and your family member’s health information by swiping on the center of the screen.
Family Member Accounts
Can I view a family member's health record in Healow?
For pediatric patients, a legal guardian/parent must turn in the proxy request to the child’s physician’s office; the office will review the proxy request and grant access. This allows a parent or guardian to log into their personal healow® account and then connect to information regarding their family member. Complete a Proxy Consent Form and return it to your physician’s office to request access to this convenient service.
Adults can invite other adults to have proxy access to their healow® account and can choose between read-only access or access to send messages and schedule appointments.
Can my spouse and I share the same Healow account?
No one can view your information unless you invite your spouse to a read-only view or viewing, scheduling, and messaging access to your healow® account.
There are 2 different types of access:
- Scheduling and messaging access
- Read-only access
What test results are available in Healow?
If there are errors in my health record on Healow, what steps should I take?
If I send a message to my healthcare provider, when can I expect a reply?
Security & Privacy
How is Healow secure?